As a registered Cambridge International School from Year 7 onwards, we aim to reassure our pupils and their parents of our desire to provide a Bilingual Section which corresponds to the needs and aspirations of our pupils, while offering them the best qualifications available at the present time with a view to their future university studies.
In a nutshell, we aim to:
- Guide our pupils in becoming motivated, responsible and confident learners.
- Ensure academic excellence and enable our bilingual pupils to achieve internationally-recognised qualifications.
- Support our pupils in their ambitions to study abroad at the highest level.
- The Blanche de Castille Bilingual Section is for pupils who are bilingual in French and English, with a native-English speaking parent or having lived in an English-speaking country for several years.
- Pupils can join the Bilingual Section as of the final year of Infants’ School.
We offer our pupils the opportunity of following the French national curriculum alongside the three subjects studied in English in the Bilingual Section, thus actively maintaining both working languages. Our bilingual pupils can also envisage pursuing their studies abroad and prepare qualifications recognized worldwide by universities and future employers.
- 5 hours of English per week (speaking practice, grammar, history, literature)
Lower/Middle School (the Bilingual Section classes replace English as a Second Language classes)
- Year 7: 5.5 hours per week in First Language English, Literature and History.
- Year 8: 5.5 hours per week in First Language English, Literature and History.
- Year 9: 7 hours per week in First Language English, Literature and History.
- Year 10: 7 hours per week; first year of IGCSE exam preparation in First Language English, Literature and History.
Upper School (the Bilingual Section classes replace English as a Second Language classes)
- Year 11: 7 hours per week; second year of IGCSE exam preparation in First Language English, Literature and History; the three exams are taken at the end of the school year.
- Year 12: 6 hours per week to prepare the International AS Level in Language and Literature taken at the end of the school year.
- Year 13: 5 hours per week; in-depth preparation of the baccalauréat exam in English; in-depth study of historical and geographical topics in English to obtain the Anglais Européen distinction; preparation for the transition to university study and support with applications to universities abroad.
Our Qualifications at a Glance
We offer world-class qualifications from the Cambridge International Examinations board, accepted and respected internationally:
- At the end of Year 9: Checkpoint Test in First Language English
- At the end of Year 11: IGCSEs in First Language English, Literature and History
- At the end of Year 12: Combined International AS Level in First Language English and Literature
The prices for joining the Bilingual Section, sitting the entrance test and the above-mentioned examinations can be obtained on request.
- IGCSE (Literature) Novembre 2022 : Pass rate 100 %
- IGCSE English Language, Literature and History: all of our students passed their exams (100% pass rate)
- AS level Language & Literature: 14 out of 18 students passed their exams (78% pass rate).